Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Curses, Foiled Again!

I have been waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting...) for snow to fall and stay on the ground this winter but it seems Mother Nature does not want to make this happen.

We received a skiff of snow the other day but it has already melted. It is currently raining when it was forecast we would get snow so the world will not be white when I wake up tomorrow morning. This really is disappointing to me because I was hoping to get some snow themed photo shoots set up and we are into January with no snow in sight.

I may have to rethink my photo shoot plans and instead have grey, bare, wet, background for some shoots near the end of the month. I guess the bright side of this is that I can really get a grungy. urban, look when shooting downtown with that sort of setting. Still, it would be cool if it would snow so I could stick to my original plans.

Something like this would be nice:

Above: Snow 2010 photo by Brie A. Edwards

Mother Nature, are you listening? Please send some lasting snow my way so I can photograph models in it? Thanks.

No comments: