Monday, December 24, 2007

What Is, My First Post?

I had a reawakening to fashion these past 6 months. I had some things happen in my life that made me think, "Time to redo my wardrobe because the stuff in there isn't who I am anymore." Strange how that happens sometimes.

So, I went through the wardrobe and got rid of a huge backlog of clothing dating back to 1990. Stuff that was in good shape but I would never wear again, stuff that was in bad shape from being worn to death, and stuff that just was not me anymore.

It was a very freeing activity....and made me glad to shed my old wardrobe skin. Now I am in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe with pieces that suit me now. It's a slow process since I am not flush with cash at the moment. So, I am slowly adding new pieces...little by little.

I discovered stylefeeder ( http://www.stylefeeder.com/ ) around the same time this mass tossing of my wardrobe started and found that site was a great way to pretend to buy things I liked, and show off my style at the same time. I started to notice trends by what other people were adding to sylefeeder, both good and bad. It made me want to start my own blog devoted to fashion and what I have found that made me think, "Ohhhh want" and what I find tacky.

I cannot claim to be a huge fashionista or to be someone to look to to find out what will be hot...I just know what I like and what I don't like and I hope to write about it here.

So ends my first post...breaking the cherry of this blog.

No comments: