Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gogol Bordello Kick Ass Live!

It was like being a huge, gypsy, after-wedding, party due to the music and the spirit of the crowd. Much dancing around anf clapping to the songs. So much clapping I discovered a huge, purple, bruise on the underside of my ring finger on returning home.

Bands usually don't go all out in Spokane because the town is smaller and the crowds are smaller. Gogol Bordello didn't hold back and really performed full force! Their encore was 30 minutes long because they don't like to stop playing. They mentioned they may be back in Spokane in the future and the amusing thing?


They didn't play in Seattle this time at all.

I could have gone to the afterparty but wasn't sure how to get home in the early morning hours so passed...sadly. If I had my own car I would have gone for sure.

I took a few random snapshots with my Sony Cybershot which are a tad blurry but, the whole audience was jumping up and down to the music (and there were constantly changing lights) so it was hard to get a steady shot even with that option built into the camera.










So far, in the last two years I have seen 3 bands I had on my "Must see live"" list: radiohead, Flight of the Conchords, and now, Gogol Bordello.

I would see any of them again in an instant...especially radiohead and Gogol Bordello.

If you get the chance to see Gogol Bordello, YOU MUST GO!

I saw Gogol Bordello on Sunday night and......The concert KICKED ALL SORTS OF ASS!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw them about a year ago, and it was definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to. I'd loved them for years before, but seeing them live totally cinched it. Also saw Radiohead, and... wow.

So pleased you had fun!

SnapandPrint said...

I am very picky about the concerts I spend money on these days. I have a list of bands I want to see before I die or they split up and Gogol was one of them. Radiohead was another.

I have now seen 5 of those bands from the list and hope to cross more off after I move to a bigger city were more bands play on tour.

Shanti Perez said...

I would have gone to the after party with you. My father is 1/2 Kale and I love what Eugene Hutz is doing.