Saturday, October 03, 2009

Inspired By History.

I am thinking that we are gong to see Celtic/Norse inspired, or Historical based, jewelry and clothing items become popular in the next few months.

Ancient designs with a wink at the modern so to speak.

Feast your eyes on this necklace:



I love, love, love, this necklace! It feels like it could be in a museum but, would be great for wearing out and about too! Look at the knot design! Wow!

This bag is also very "I woud see it in a museum but, would wear it":


Above: Rust Suede Pouch by JJ Winters

I like the colour of the leather and the chains dangling...as well as the studding. It just looks like something that would be worn in the 4th century or around that time. I would wear it today with just the right outfit.

These boots:


Above: Ballard Brown Laced Up and Buckled Boot by Wanted

The boots just make me want to take up sword fighting, take a sailing ship to and pillage a village, or kick some invader's ass! I love them and the lacing is just so cool to look at.

Yes, I think the whole Celtic/Norse (and other early historical times)  inspired, items are going to start invading the fashion world in the next few months. It's just a deep feeling I have. Let us see if I am right.

2 comments:

WendyB said...

Great boots. And of course it's time for historical things to become hot. Since I started doing it in 2006 and we all know the world is about 3 years behind me :-P

SnapandPrint said...

The world is about 6 months to a year behind me...and I have been sneaking historical looking jewelry (Celtic, Nordic, Mayan, etc) into my outfits for many years, with it being really concentrated in the past year.

It's past time!