Friday, January 02, 2009

NYC Update!

I have decided that NYC is like Seattle...only MUCH bigger and with less rain. I am actually liking what I have seen of it so far and will be heading back to Manhattan tomorrow.

I am staying with a good friend in the Bronx so the train/subway ride lasts about 30 minutes to get downtown. We went in town today and saw Times Square, parts of the Village, and I got to actually shop at an H&M. We also ate at a pub where George Washington was rumored to have frequented in his time. Tomorrow we head to the Met, the Planetarium, The Village, and a few other places.

I got to shop at H&M for the first time ever and I bought almost a whole outfit for under $70. I really wish we had one of these stores in Spokane because the stuff they offer for sale is cool and rather inexpensive. I will be doing just a little more shopping tomorrow and also try and pick up some postcards before I fly home.

This place is very cool!

1 comment:

Ima Ventriloquist said...

Happy New Year to you! Have a really wonderful time exploring NYC! Can't wait to read about your adventures! (If you have the chance, check out Brooklyn - 5th Ave. in Park Slope is awesome!) xo