Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Cut-out Boots/Shoes/Sandals Are Growing On Me.

You may have seen this post where I was excited about a great pair of boots with cut-outs.

It took a while for me to warm up to the whole cut-outs/peeptoe/ancient look to boots and sandals. They seemed so odd at first but now, they have grown on me.

I think I will share some recent finds of mine that really made me pause...and add them to my stylefeed.

These:

Above: 8020 Sophie Hidden Wedge Thong in Black

The thongs resemble boots and have a hidden wedge. They also have a buckle at the ankle and a side zip closure. Pretty cool and pretty functional.

Above: J Shoes Sorrento in Black

I love the mixture of the ancient style sandal and the modern these shoes have. They look like they are sturdy enough to walk around in and the rubber soles would cushion the foot well. Very odd, but very cool.

Above: Warm Leatherette Sandals at Lulus.com

I love the canvas and soft, tan, leather mixture in the sandal. It looks very modern and comfortable. I also love the buckle at the ankle.

Above: Women's Hi There Susanna (Black) by Irregular Choice

These are great! I love the tie closure, the cut-outs at mid-foot and toe, the heel, and the way there is a "bumper" type design t the toe to protect your toes. Just cool!

Above: Canvas Wrap Wedge by We Who See

The wedges look bulky and a bit loose but I am liking the buckle and the cut-out hell, as well as toe. I also like the mixture of the canvas and the black leather. Very modern looking. I would just worry about the looseness which would get on my nerves when I was walking around.

Above: Drew Open Toe Apron Pumps by Omelle

The above shoes have a throwback to a much earlier time. They look Victorian or earlier in influence but have a touch of 2009 to them. The fact they have a ribbon tie makes me think of the British dandies and the peep-toe, as well as the low cut back, just catches my eye.

And finally...the most ancient looking cut-out sandals of them all:

Above: Acropolis Tan Suede Split Body Wrap Up Sandal by Jeffrey Campbell

So ancient Greek and also amusing to me because the toe is fastened with Velcro. Who'd have though Velcro would make a come-back in the design of shoe closures? I do love the wrap part of the sandals but the Velcro closure? I don't know what to think of that.

I am finding the cut-out trend to be very interesting and many interesting designs are coming out of it. I just thought I would share the ones that caught my eye with you.

3 comments:

WendyB said...

I like all the heeled versions!

SnapandPrint said...

The heeled versions are quite cool! Love the Irregular Choice ones!

ashe mischief said...

Those Irregular Choice have me singing! I was so smitten by the style, but the brand makes it better-- I love all of my IRCL shoes.

The Omelles are so gorgeous as well. The color kills me.