Friday, November 28, 2008

The Dress Search Continues & Necklace Purchase!

I have been m.i.a. for the last few days due to the holidays, watching the fourth season of Sex In the City on DVD (I am late to the game with this tv show.), and feeling rather blah about things. Yeah...a few day "blue period" for me.

Still no NYE dress...I am thinking about my option #1 I posted here a lot but worry it isn't dressy enough even though it is funky and "me".

The #1 Dress option to refresh memories:

I found two sites that have some decent party dresses and will be looking through them the next few days as I decide what I am going to do for a dress. that way if I decide against the above dress or they are out of my size in the above dress...I have my bases covered.

I did buy this necklace for NYE:

Above: sterling silver new beginnings lotus disc necklace - 18 inch by Dogeared Jewels

It's silver, it's simple, and it will go with many different outfits while not being overwhelming in size. I have wanted a piece of jewelry from Dogeared Jewels for ages as well.

I like the saying on the card because it fits right in with my life right now. This past year has been horrible for me for various reasons...I need to look at the new year as a new beginning. So, this necklace will mean a lot to me.

So, I have the necklace, purse, and a pair of black boots to wear...I just need a dress!

Who'd have thought looking for a NYE dress would be so hard?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is NYC and NYE, what's more, the combo of the two, and also your meeting with the designer. I think it is worth the thorough prep and effort!

SnapandPrint said...

Thanks so much Kati!

Though I have to admit a lot of the "thorough prep" is me being picky, having to "feel the dress" to make sure it is me, and being worried about the amount I will spend on it.